Monday, March 9, 2009

Planting fruits and veggies

We started our garden today, and if it is anything like last year's, there will not be much to brag talk about come fall. But, I remain hopeful, as I am really excited about what we did today.

After a trip to the local feed store (and played with some chicks), we got to work. I purchased white tubs and let the girls paint them. They did such a good job.

Then, we planted our strawberry plants in their pretty tubs. I planted my basil start in Meleah's pot.
My sweet Shane tilled up a patch on the west side of our house (aka, the "full sun" side) for me to plant my onions, tomato plants, and tomato seeds. Bell pepper seeds are planted in a wooden barrel next to the onion/tomato patch.

In Sunday school, the girls received flowers to plant, so we moved them from their Styrofoam cup to this clay pot that sits in front of our home.


All in all, it was a very productive - if messy - day! We love our Mondays because they are "Daddy's Day Off"!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! What a great idea! I'm so going to copy you ;)

    I wish our frost season were over so we could plant our seeds...and just like you, we didn't have much to brag about this past fall :(

    I'm thinking about starting the seeds indoors...just thinking though ;P

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Thanks for commenting!