Thursday, May 14, 2009

My "baby" is five!!!

It does not seem like it has been five years since I gave birth to my sweet Abby Grace. FIVE years!

She weighed 7 lbs, 14 oz (or as my DH put it to one person: 14 lbs, 7 oz!), and was 21″ long. She had beautiful blue eyes and a smidge of dark hair.

I was in labor with her for 22 hours, and she was born at 5:45 am, on Friday, May 14, 2004. Shane, Grammy (my mom), MeMe (Shane's mom), and Kristi (Shane's sister) were all right there as she was born. PoPow (my daddy), PaPa (Shane's dad), Allen (my brother), and Raigan and Kerrigan (I only had two nieces then!) were on the other side of the curtain. A student nurse-midwife (whom we adored) delivered my sweet girl. It was an amazing, if long, experience.

double-birthday-party-02-may-09-182

Now, five years later, she is a tall, skinny little thing with curly blonde hair that won’t grow past her chin. She is a smartie-pants, and writes her letters well. Abby Grace has taught herself several letters. She enjoys coupon-shopping with her Momma, helping bake and cook, sorting laundry, and reading books.

Abby Grace is a joy, and I am so glad to be her Momma.

I just cannot believe she is 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Thanks for commenting!